Traveling to Sapa in the winter is an amazing idea! At this time, you can experience the special climate at here, enjoy the wonderful scenery. Wait! Do you know about Sapa cuisine? I will tell you where to eat in Sapa right now.
You might interest: Things to do in Sapa
Sapa cuisine is a famous eating place in Sapa with many restaurants, cheap eateries serving specialties of the Northwest Forests. The cuisine of the area is extremely diverse from roasted skewers only 10k – 15k to the pot of 600k. Come here, do not forget to eat the dishes made from chicken, pig and river fish because this is the specialty of Sapa.
This is where most tourists come to Sapa to experience a cultural corner of the Northwest wilderness. If you are looking for a place or you are wondering when to come to Sapa, start with this food court is a great idea.
Address: Located on the left side of Sapa Rock Church
Opening hours: 6:30 – 22:30
Located on Cau May street is a chain of shops, small pavement restaurant specializing in selling all kinds of grilled meat such as grilled skewers, grilled chicken eggs, grilled salmon, grilled rice, grilled sausage … All the barbecue. The owner of the restaurant is spiced with marinated spices and delicious dishes fit with many dishes are extremely attractive.
This famous food destination in Sapa is especially attractive to tourists for eating and drinking because of cheap and fast service, enthusiasm. Such a barbecue skewers are priced from 10k – 30k, each person eating about 60-70k is finished all night. In the evening, the barbecue area on Cau May Street is bustling with food and this is the best time for you to get experience. If somebody asks me where to eat in Sapa, this is the first name I say.
Address: Cau May Street
Opening hours: 7am – 11pm
Beside Bac Ha Market, Si Ma Cai Market is one of the most visited places in Sapa and there are a lot of places for you to discover. See more Sapa tourist attractions.
Si Ma Cai is a district located in the northeast of Lao Cai province, about 95km from Lao Cai city. Come to Si Ma Cai, you will not only be in harmony with nature, the forest of the mountains and forests, have the opportunity to enjoy the cool, fresh air, participate in the colorful weekend market ,you can also enjoy delicious food, famous specialties of this land.
- Man Than Wine: This is a traditional wine of the Mong people, a symbol of the taste of wine here. Main ingredients are native corn, combined with Hong My yeast and natural water. Especially, when the distillation has corn stubble, Man Than Wine does not harm the nervous system, drink without headache. Do you like it?
- Black Chicken: You should not ignore the dishes made from black chicken. This chicken is very special, it is not only the black coat but the whole skin, meat and bone are black. Especially the chicken is naturally raised on the slopes so the meat is very firm and delicious.
- Thang Co: When you go to Si Ma Cai market, you have the opportunity to enjoy the Thang Co – specialty of the Mong people. If the land is proud of Pho, people at here are proud of Thang Co. The sky is cold, eat the Thang Co and drink some cups of Man Than wine is too perfect.
- Armpit Clamp Pig: They are a small breed of pigs, only about 10 kg, are raised by the mountain people in a free-floating style. They are often armpits to sell in the highland weekend market. Their meat is delicious and the restaurants here are processed into many specialties. You can enjoy at the market or any restaurant in Sapa
Booking Sapa tours to go to Bac Ha Market and have some fun here, it is a worth experiences for you to know how ethnic people’s daily activity.
Bac Ha Market is one of the 10 most popular highland markets in Southeast Asia, usually held in the early morning every Sunday. When coming to Bac Ha market, you will not only discover the unique culture, strange customs of the uplands but also enjoy the unforgettable special food when visiting, exploring the Bac Ha market
- Pho Bac Ha: It is made from red rice – a kind of rice grown only in Lung Phinh, Bac Ha. Pho is made entirely of handmade, the processing method is also unique and diverse, Pho will have a very special flavor. There are two types of Pho to choose: chicken and pork, especially you can eat with wild vegetables. This will definitely be an enjoyable experience!
- Mem Men: The main agricultural products of the Bac Ha people are corn, so after the corn is harvested, they will pick out the largest and most nutritious corn and then remove the seeds and grind them into powder. When they eat, they will bring corn flour mixed with water and then steamed. You can eat Mem Men with hot soup or some other food but the best choice is eat with tofu.
- 5 colors steamed sticky rice: This is a popular dish of the Northwestern people. The people of Bac Ha have done very well and strictly implement the process of selecting raw materials, soaking rice and processing. The special and attractive of this special sticky rice is not only in eye-catching colors but also because this is “fresh” sticky rice, all ingredients are taken from nature and without chemical.
Located in a beautiful location in the heart of Sapa and opposite to the park, Hoa Dao is known as a restaurant in Sapa that specializes in serving a variety of Asian and European dishes. With a rich menu and capacity of over 50 guests, the restaurant is highly appreciated by Asian travelers, especially the hot pot with attractive flavor.
In addition, the restaurant also serves a variety of specialties of the northwestern mountains. You can come here if you are lazy to find where to eat in Sapa. You can have a relaxing space, talking, watching the scenery and enjoying the food and drink in Sapa is very interesting.
Did you know: If sapa is a paradise in moutain, Halong bay is the paradise in the sea. Halong bay tourist attractions always is the place which traveller want to visit.
The restaurant is located near the center, on the way to Silver Waterfalls. This place specializes in serving local wildlife like wild hog, armpit clamp pig, salmon, river fish, wild vegetables, buffalo meat … Inside there, the main decoration is the red – same with the name of restaurant.
You should be here to eat on cold days will ensure you will feel extremely warm. The service staff of the restaurant is quite attentive, enthusiasm with tasting food and mouth is certainly a reliable place where to eat in Sapa.
Anh Dung Restaurant is located on Xuan Vien street, near the bus station, very crowded. The food here is quite good, prices are consistent so the restaurant seems more crowded than the surrounding. If you are intimately familiar with the local people, when asked where to eat, Anh Dung is the name most mentioned. In front of the restaurant there are always roasted chicken and roasted pork.
Anh Dung Restaurant is a delicious dish that is dried salmon, this dish is very beneficial for pregnant mothers and children. The price is not too expensive, about 150,000 VND / box. Check out the Menu of the restaurant, you will find specialties in Sa Pa such as fresh vegetables Sa Pa, armpit clamp pig, hot pot, sturgeon … at fairly low prices. If you like to eat rice, the restaurant also has a traditional menu with white rice.
If you want to discover the flavor of pho Hanoi in Sapa then go to Xuan Vien Street, near Sapa Lake for breakfast. This restaurant is very crowded in the morning. The scene is crowded with people coming to eat by the taste of delicious noodles, broths and noodles. A bowl of Pho with prices from 40k – 60k can be said not cheap but quality assured that you are no longer stretch. The service is quite fast, sure staff are familiar with serving the tourists so that even if there is a group of 20 people, just wait a few minutes then Pho was brought up for the whole group.
Maybe you already eat Pho at many other places, but Pho in Sapa is very special and different. Let’s go to Tung Ha Noi and discover a new side of this special food.
Located at 23 Cau May Street, Fansipan Restaurant not only attracted by the menu with 100 dishes by experienced chef but also impressed by the design and layout space.
This restaurant has capacity about 45 – 50 people with European and Asian foods, specialties of the mountains and some special foods of ethnic in Sapa. The restaurant with luxurious and cozy space is regarded as a restaurant with quality standards of service style and reasonable price.
The above are some of the ideal places for you to enjoy culinary culture when coming to Sapa. Hopefully you will soon arrange and have a most enjoyable trip with family and friends. Do not worry about where to eat in Sapa anymore! Let’s go right now.